Stones with legends to tell
Castle of Bonilla de la Sierra
The original castle preserved three wall sections and three turrets of different styles and origins. The main par of the castle was formed by the Tower of Homage, of the 14th century, it has matacanes and round arches, and under the tower is the main yard and the rooms. The castle contains 14th-century paintings.
It was the resting place of the prelates of the Ávila bishopric, and held important episcopal synods, as the one in 1384. Bishop Sancho Dávila had a wall built around the village in the 14th century.
- Castle / Fortress / Watchtower
Bonilla de la Sierra. 05514 Ávila.
Ayuntamiento of Bonilla de la Sierra
Municipality of Bonilla de la Sierra. Ávila.
Teléfono: 920 362 708
Fax: 920 362 708
Página Web: http://www.ayto-bonilla.com