The castle consists basically of one articulated front with projections, flanked by turrets overshadowing the tower of homage, with round turrets in the Gales and fronts.

This castle held the Coyanza Council in 1050; the old Coyanza was populated and fortified by Fernando II of León in the second half of the 12th century. The main section of the castle has been preserved, and was built by Juan de Acuña and his wife Teresa Enríquez.

Historical Data

Construction:
Castle / Fortress / Watchtower

Address

Parque Félix Rodríguez de la Fuente, 1. Valencia de Don Juan. 24200 León.

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Valencia de Don Juan

Address:

Jardín de los Patos. Valencia de Don Juan. 24200 León.

Teléfono: 987 750 701 / 987 751 110 / 608 771 725

Email: infoturismo@valenciadedonjuan.es

Tourist Office Regional of León

Address:

Pza. de Regla, 2. León. 24003 León.

Telephone: 987 237 082

Fax: 987 273 391

Email: oficinadeturismodeleon@jcyl.es