During the War of Independence it was Wellington's military headquarters
Castle of Cuellar
The Castle was declared next to the walls, National Artistic Monument in 1931.
It appears documented already in the year 1306, although the oldest part is from the XII century. In 1464, when Enrique IV was king, he gave the town of Cuéllar and the castle to D. Beltrán de la Cueva, Duke of Alburquerque.
It has a rectangular plan with four towers at the corners, three of them circular.
Currently houses a secondary school.
Theatrical visits are organized.
- Castillo / Fortaleza / Atalaya
- Estilos predominantes:
- Gótico, Renacentista
Tourist Office of Cuéllar
C/ Palacio, s/n (Castillo). Cuéllar. 40200 Segovia.
Tourist Office Regional of Segovia
- Winter (November, 13 – March, 25):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10.30 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 19.30
- Closed in the afternoon: monday
- Summer (April, 10 – November, 12):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10.30 – 14.00 and 16.30 – 19.30
- From December, 24 to December, 31:
- Sunday: 10.30 – 14.00
- From December, 25 to January, 1:
- Closed: monday
- From January, 6 to January, 6:
- Closed: saturday
Remarks: Wall ? 1.5. Dramatized + Wall: ? 7.20. Call ahead to reserve.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data