Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
During the War of Independence it was Wellington's military headquarters
Castle of Cuellar
The walled enclosure dates mostly from the 13th century. Its most interesting feature is the distribution of the church apses interwoven with the walls. Don Beltrán de la Cueva was responsible for the palace section.
King Enrique IV took it away from his step-sister, Isabel, who had inherited it from her father Juan II, and gave it to his main assistant, don Beltrán de la Cueva, who built a new and sumptuous castle-palace which his successors finished in the 16th century.
During the War of Independence, it was used by the French General Hugo, the father of Victor Hugo, and was Wellington's military headquarters. Its was subsequently made into a prison, where Espronceda spent some time.
- Castillo / Fortaleza / Atalaya
- Estilos predominantes:
- Gótico, Renacentista
Tourist Office of Cuéllar
C/ Palacio, s/n (Castillo). Cuéllar. 40200 Segovia.
Tourist Office Regional of Segovia
- Winter (October, 1 – June, 30):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10.30 – 14.00 and 16.30 – 19.30
- Closed in the afternoon: monday
- Summer (July, 1 – September, 30):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10.00 – 14.00 and 16.00 – 20.00
Remarks: Wall € 1.5. Castillo del Mudejar Center + € 4.90. Dramatized + Wall + C. Mudéjar € 7.70. Call ahead to reserve.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data