Stones with legends to tell
Tower of Maltranilla
According to the land registry of the Marquis de la Ensenada (1753), in the middle of the XVIII century the tower belonged to the family Coloma. It is lowered because that the characteristic battlements that tops off the upper part of this type of construction were missed.
It has two gateways, located in the Southwest and Northeast facades respectively. It shows some pointed hollows and loopholes and, on the top floor, like a gallery formed by small continuous windows and protected by a cornice, the dovecote is.
- Castle / Fortress / Watchtower
Maltranilla (Valle de Mena). 09585 Burgos.
Tourist Office of Villasana de Mena
C/ Eladio Bustamante s/n. Villasana de Mena (Valle de Mena). 09580 Burgos.
Telephone: 947 141 341