Sense the centuries of history
Rich architecture and elaborate interior decoration
Convent of Dueñas
A convent that was originally a magnificent palace, converted in the 16th century, coinciding with the construction of the church and convent, from 1530 onwards. The church domes are the work of Martín Navarro and date back to around 1560 and were carried out under the supervision of Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón.
The temple and façade are believed to have been designed by the lay brother Friar Martín de Santiago, who finished the building with a jack arched loggia, which receives natural light through the large windows featuring semi-circular arches. The cloister is one of the highlights of the convent, as it is richly decorated with intricate sculptures. It is pentagonal in shape and is built on two floors. The elaborate and extremely beautiful sculptural decoration is the work of the disciples of Alonso Berruguete. This site stands out for its rich architecture and elaborate interior decoration.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Monasterio / Convento
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media, Edad Moderna
Plaza del Concilio de Trento s/n. Salamanca. Salamanca.
Teléfono: 923 215 442
- Summer (March, 26 – October, 29):
- Monday to saturday: 10:30 – 12:45 and 16:30 – 19:15
- Closed: sundays and holidays
- Winter (October, 30 – March, 13):
- Monday to saturday: 10:30 – 12:45 and 16:30 – 17:30
- Holly Week (March, 29 – April, 1):
- Saturday: 10:30 – 12:45 and 16:30 – 19:30
- Thursday, Friday and Sunday: depending on worship service
- Closed: thursday, friday, sunday and holidays
- General: 2 €
- Groups: 1 €
Remarks: MAY 1ST: 10:30 TO 12:45/ 16:30 TO 19:15 H 31st. December: from 10:30 to 12:45h. CLOSED: December 24th., 25th. and January 1st. and 6th.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data