Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Sense the centuries of history
Convent of San Agustin
The convent, situated outside the walls of the town, was founded in 1353, according to privilege of Alfonso XI, as a convent of nuns, linked to the Court, passing its property to the Austin Friars as convent of San Agustin. If there is something that makes famous the monastery, it is the tragic story of the death of Brother Luis de Leon between these walls in 1591.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Extramuros. Madrigal de las Altas Torres. 05220 Ávila.
Tourist Office of Madrigal de las Altas Torres
Plaza del Cristo, s/n. Madrigal de las Altas Torres. 05220 Ávila.