Sense the centuries of history
Convent of San Esteban
It is a monastery of the Dominican order. Its construction was carried out between the XVI and XVII centuries. It is of Gothic style, but its decor is Plateresque and Baroque. The church has a Latin cross floor, with only one nave, in whose inside, its Baroque altarpiece, has Salomonic columns, work by Jose de Churriguera, highlights. The scene of the martyrdom of San Esteban, work by Claudio Coello, is represented on the main retable. The building has three cloisters; the most interesting is of the Kings.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Plaza del Concilio de Trento, s/n. Salamanca. 37001 Salamanca.
Telephone: 923 215 000
- Winter (November, 6 – March, 16):
- Every day: 10:00 – 13:15 and 16:00 – 17:15
- Holly Week (March, 24 – March, 27):
- Thursday and Friday: 10:00 – 17:30
- Saturdays and sundays: 10:00 – 13:15 and 16:00 – 19:15
- From March, 17 to November, 6:
- Every day: 10:00 – 13:15 and 16:00 – 19:15
- General: 3.5 €
- Groups: 2.5 €
Remarks: DECEMBER, 24TH. AND 25TH., JANUARY 1ST. AND 6TH.: CLOSED.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data