Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Sense the centuries of history
The charm of past centuries.
Convent of San Pablo
It was founded in 1547 by the humanist and first marquis of Las Navas and Lord of Villafranca Mr Pedro Davila and Zuñiga, of the Alcantara Order, and his wife Mrs. Maria Enriquez, for the Dominican order.
It was expelled by the expropriation of 1835. Its temple started in a late Gothic style, together plateresque. The church, of an only nave, of rectangular shape, is divided in five sections by Tuscan pilasters and half point barrel arches, with a slightly marked transept and polygonal main chapel with Corinthian columns of granite. The bodies of the founders, with the shield above, were buried. They are covered with half barrel vaults. In the middle sections is the choir, of which there are still remains of what was. It is a past that lives in the trace of its architecture.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Monasterio / Convento
- Estilos predominantes:
- Gótico, Clasicismo, Plateresco
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Moderna
Las Navas del Marqués. 05230 Ávila.
Tourist Office of Navas del Marqués (Las)
Pº de las Damas, s/n. Las Navas del Marqués. 05230 Ávila.
Tourist Office Regional of Ávila
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data