Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Sense the centuries of history
Monastery of the MM. Dominicas de Santa Catalina
Founded in 1488.Church of one nave covered by tubes in the transept, renaissance cloister and the main altar is the work of Diego Valentín Diáz, the most important local painter of the Valladolid school of the 17th century.
Next to the Gospel is a painted 17th century altarpiece and a Crucifix by Juan de Juni, who is buried in the church along with the rest of his family. In the nuns' choir at Easter the Cristo Yacente by Gregorio Fernández is on display.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Santo Domingo de Guzmán 6. Valladolid. 47003 Valladolid.
Telephone: 983 351 708
Oficina de Turismo of Valladolid
Plaza de Fuente Dorada s/n. Valladolid. 47001 Valladolid.
Teléfono: 983 330 893