Sense the centuries of history
Monastery of San Pedro de Montes
Founded in the 7th century by San Fructuoso, it remained active until the Muslim invasion. It was restored later by San Genadio. The reconstruction dates from the 12th to the 13th centuries. Nowadays it comprises many styles: some remaining Pre-Romanesque capitals, a Romanesque tower, the remains of the cloister and the church facade from the 18th century. Visigothic and Mozarabic slate spire. Main facade from the 18th century.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages, Early modern period
Montes de Valdueza (Ponferrada). 24415 León.
Telephone: 619 077 982
Tourist Office of Ponferrada
C/ Gil y Carrasco, 4. Ponferrada. 24400 León.
Fax: 987 424 539
Tourist Office Regional of León
- From September, 16 to October, 29:
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 11:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:30
- Winter (October, 30 – March, 25):
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 11:00 – 14:00 and 15:30 – 18:00
- Closed: monday to friday
- General: 2 €
- Groups: 1.8 €
Remarks: At other times: by reservation
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data