Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
The Baroque altarpiece with sculptures dates from 1676
Monastery of Santa Maria de Carrizo
Founded by Doña Estefanía Ramírez, wife of the Count Ponce de Minerva, for Cistercian nuns. Built in 1176. The three apses and the Romanesque portal date from 1176, the rest of the church and the cloister were altered during the 16th and 17th centuries.
Chapterhouse with Gothic coffered ceiling. The portal of the church is Cistercian, with modillions under the eaves. The imagery and craftsmanship in precious metals are kept at the Museo de San Marcos in León and at the Cathedral in Astorga. The Baroque altarpiece with sculptures dates from 1676. It has been attributed to José Mayo.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Ayuntamiento of Carrizo
Municipality of Carrizo. León.
Teléfono: 987 357 008
Página Web: http://www.aytocarrizodelaribera.es