Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Sense the centuries of history
Remains Convent of San Antonio el Real
The ruins are now a trademark, and other of least interest, is preserved within the Teatro Liceo, which recovers the original layout of the Hall of the theatre of the XIX century, built on the area of the ruins of the convent of San Antonio del Real, from the XVIII century, where the cloister and the sacristy of the church belonging to the convent had been.
The first attempt to found this Franciscan convent, built near the Plaza Mayor, took place in 1732 when the Marquis of the Compuesta communicated to the City Council of Salamanca that the King had authorized to the priests of the province of San Miguel to build an hospice to help to old friars. In 1745, the headboard, the transept, much of the nave, sacristy and a chapel, all designed by fray Francisco de la Visitación, who belonged to the religious community itself, had already been built
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Monasterio / Convento
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Moderna
Plaza del Liceo, s/n. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.
Teléfono: 923 214 168
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data