Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Sense the centuries of history
Ruins of the Monastery Santa Maria de Matallana
This monastery century was founded at late XII by Tello Perez de Meneses and his wife, after the donation by King Alfonso VIII.
Nowadays, it is a Center of Interpretation of Nature, which allows you to discover the remains and history of this monastery, located between the regions of Tierra de Campos and Montes Torozos. Initially it exercised as hospital for employees of the Canal de Castilla and, years later, became an agriculture and livestock farm.
- Religious architecture
- Monastery / Convent
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Finca Coto Bajo de Matallana. Villalba de los Alcores. 47639 Valladolid.
- Monday to friday: book visit in advance
- Summer (April, 1 – September, 30):
- Saturdays and sundays and holidays: 10:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 21:00
- Summer (October, 1 – March, 31):
- Saturdays and sundays and holidays: 12:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00