Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
The museum was created on 1899
It was begun in 1921 following the plans of the military engineer Adolfo Pierrad. Inspired by the Palacio de Monterrey in Salamanca, it is built in sandstone. The main hall houses a large picture of the Battle of Treviño.
The museum was created on March 1st 1899 with the purpose of collecting and preserving the numerous documents, arms and other objects that perpetuate the glorious moments of the Spanish Cavalry.
At first, it was in Valladolid, in the building formerly belonging to the Academia de Caballería (Academy of Cavalry), known as ‘the octagon’ due to its shape. It was destroyed by a fire in 1915 and the present building stands on the same site.
- Military architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Late modern period
Paseo de Zorrilla, 2. Valladolid. 47006 Valladolid.
Telephone: 983 350 200
Oficina de Turismo of Valladolid
Plaza de Fuente Dorada s/n. Valladolid. 47001 Valladolid.
Teléfono: 983 330 893
Tourist Office of Valladolid
- Every day: book visit in advance