Perteneció a las órdenes militares. Edificado en 1717 por Joaquín Churriguera y modificado por Jovellanos en 1790.

It has a large facade with an ornamental comb high in the centre, a continuous balustrade and two towers on the sides. At the end of the 18th century most of the baroque ornamentation was removed from its exterior to adapt it to the neoclassical style of the era. The grand staircase inside is attributed to Jerónimo García de Quiñones.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Civil engineering
Construction:
University building
Predominant styles:
Baroque
Historical Period:
Early modern period

Address

Del Rosario, s/n. Salamanca. 37001 Salamanca.

More information

Tourist Office of Salamanca

Address:

P/ Mayor, 32. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.

Telephone: 902 302 002 / 923 218 342

Fax: 923 263 409

Email: informacion@turismodesalamanca.com

Website: http://www.salamanca.es