Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
It is also known as the 'Colegio de los Irlandeses'
A 16th century building that stands out for the church façade and altarpiece, the work of Alonso Berruguete.
It was begun in 1521. It is also known as the ‘Colegio de los Irlandeses’ because Irish pupils living in Spain since the time of Felipe II studied here.
The facade is in two parts: at the bottom the door there are half columns with Plateresque decorations in pairs. The second part rises above a frieze decorated with shells and the half column theme is repeated. On either side of the window is the coat of arms of the Fonsecas and, dominating everything, a medallion of the apostle James on horseback.
- Arquitectura Civil
- Edificio Universitario
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Moderna
Fonseca, 2. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.
Teléfono: 923 294 570
- Every day: 10:00 – 13:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Summer (August, 1 – August, 23):
- Every day: (1-23/08 CLOSED)
- From December, 23 to January, 8:
- Closed: every day
- General: 2 €
- Reduced: 1 €
- Groups: 1 €
Remarks: CLOSED TILL APRIL 28TH Free admission with the ticket of the Historical Building of the University. Visit to the old clock collection "A. Santiago Zarzuelo" included, 12:00 to 13:30/ 17:00 to19:00 h CLOSED FROM 23rd. DECEMBER TO 8th. JANUARY.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data