Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
The second floor is decorated with the coat of arms of Charles V
Higher School of the University of Salamanca
It was begun in 1411 when Benedict XIII ordered its erection.
The ground floor contains a medallion with the images of half of the Catholic Kings holding the royal sceptre. The rest of this floor is decorated with animals, foliage and chimeras, which cover the pilasters and moulding as in the rest of the facade.
The second floor is decorated with the coat of arms of Charles V flanked by two other coats of arms showing a two-headed eagle and a crowned eagle, symbolising the Empire and the Kingdom of Spain.
The third floor has grander ornamentation and is the most allegorical; in the centre there is a set of sculptures showing a Pope talking to cardinals and on either side the figures of Venus and Hercules between symbolic medallions.
- Arquitectura Civil
- Edificio Universitario
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media
C/ Libreros, s/n. Salamanca. 37008 Salamanca.
Teléfono: 923 294 400
- Winter (September, 16 – March, 31):
- Monday to saturday: 10:00 – 19:00 (Last entrance 18:30 h. Closed: 12th. October)
- Sundays and holidays: 10:00 – 14:00 (Last entrance 13:30 h.)
- Summer (April, 1 – September, 15):
- Monday to saturday: 10:00 – 20:00 (Last entrance 19:30 h)
- Sundays and holidays: 10:00 – 14:00 (Last entrance 13:30 h. 14/09: closed from 10:00 to 15:00h. )
- Holly Week (March, 24 – March, 27):
- Thursday, Friday and Sunday: 10:00 – 13:30
- Saturday: 10:00 – 18:30
- General: 10 €
- Reduced: 5 €
- Groups: 5 €
Remarks: Last entrance 30 minutes before the closing time. 24th. and 31st. December: from 10:00 to 13:30h. CLOSED: 25 December, 1st. and 6th. January. 2nd. January: from 10:00 to 13:30h.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data