Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
House, environment and dependencies Quexigal estate
The Dehesa del Quexigal consisted of a palace, oratory, church, inn and a wide landed property of crops and fields, which have ‘quexigos’ (gall oak), a variety of oak, of where its name come.
Since 1563 it belonged to the hieronymites of the Escorial's community by acquisition of Felipe II, who intended it for productive functions (wood, grain, wine and oil) and recreational (hunting for the Royal House and rest for the monks). During the end of the XIX and XX century, it belonged to different families, such as the Casa de Hohenloe Langenburg, and since 1982, it continues as a farm in operation.
- Civil engineering
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Ctra. Robledo-Cebreros, Km-11. Cebreros. 05260 Ávila.
Tourist Office of Cebreros
C/ Iglesia Vieja, s/n. Cebreros. 05260 Ávila.
Telephone: 918 630 133