The theatre opened on October 26, 1918. It gradually deteriorated and was eventually closed down in november 1982, and it reopened on 1989.

This is a very important building in Segovia, crucial to the urban design of the Plaza Mayor. It had an intense activity: theatre plays, the introduction of sound movies in 1930, It has even held political meetings. Since 1952 it was mostly used as a movie theatre, although some theatre plays were performed during the 60's and 70's.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Civil engineering
Predominant styles:
Baroque
Historical Period:
Late modern period

Address

Pza. Mayor, 6. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Segovia

Address:

P/ Azoguejo, 1. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.

Teléfono: 921 466 720 / 921 466 721

Fax: 921 466 724

Email: info@turismodesegovia.com

Oficina de Turismo of Segovia

Address:

P/ Mayor, 6. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.

Teléfono: 921 466 070

Fax: 921 460 492

Email: Info@segoviaturismo.es

Página Web: http://www.segoviaturismo.es

Tourist Office Regional of Segovia

Address:

P/ Mayor, 10. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.

Telephone: 921 460 334

Fax: 921 460 330

Email: oficinadeturismodesegovia@jcyl.es