Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Two medallions show San Pedro and San Pablo
Lower School of the University of Salamanca
An impost leads into a central area consisting of three rectangles separated by pilasters decorated with various animals, the cost of arms of Charles V on the central panel and two tow-headed eagles on the sides. In the upper part is the Papal tiara between two medallions of showing San Pedro and San Pablo.
In the courtyard the arches are alternatively straight and curved and the whole is crowned with an 18th-century Baroque balustrade. To the right of the courtyard is a statue of a so-called prelate, covered by a large coffered ceiling.
In the hall there is a university shield showing an academic catedra with the arms of Castilla y León.
- Arquitectura Civil
- Edificio Universitario
- Estilos predominantes:
- Renacentista, Plateresco
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media, Edad Moderna
Patio de las Escuelas, s/n. Salamanca. 37008 Salamanca.
Teléfono: 923 294 400
- From October, 1 to March, 31:
- Monday to saturday: 10:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Closed: sundays and holidays
- Holly Week (April, 13 – April, 16):
- Saturday: 10:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 20:00
- Closed: thursday, friday, sunday and holidays
- Summer (April, 1 – September, 30):
- Monday to friday: 10:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 20:00
Remarks: CLOSED TILL APRIL 28TH 24th. and 31st. December: from 10:00 to 14:00h. CLOSED: December 25th. and 26th. and January 1st., 2nd. and 6th.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data