The building was built between 1583 and 1586 by the real architect of Felipe II Juan de Herrera with the foundation and sponsored by the monarch himself. It was extended in the XVIII century by Carlos III under the direction of the engineer Juan Rodríguez and Gutierrez, and was considered one of the oldest industrial-type buildings in Europe.

The industrial ensemble was abandoned in the XIX century and it became again a flour factory, then, it got again a ruinous state and, already in the XI century, it has been restored, housing a museum and the Centro de Interpretacion del Acueducto.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Civil engineering
Predominant styles:
Herrerian
Historical Period:
Early modern period

Address

La Moneda, s/n. Segovia. 40003 Segovia.

Telephone: 921 475 109

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Segovia

Address:

P/ Azoguejo, 1. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.

Teléfono: 921 466 720 / 921 466 721

Fax: 921 466 724

Email: info@turismodesegovia.com

Oficina de Turismo of Segovia

Address:

P/ Mayor, 6. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.

Teléfono: 921 466 070

Fax: 921 460 492

Email: Info@segoviaturismo.es

Página Web: http://www.segoviaturismo.es

Tourist Office Regional of Segovia

Address:

P/ Mayor, 10. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.

Telephone: 921 460 334

Fax: 921 460 330

Email: oficinadeturismodesegovia@jcyl.es

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data