It is the oldest chapel of the Church of El Salvador, and was founded and by the layer Mr. Gonzalo González de Illescas, judge of the Royal Chancery of Valladolid and his wife Doña Marina de Estrada. It was built between 1487 and 1492 is situated next to the main chapel with a rectangular floor, two sections covered with star-shaped and polychrome vaults with keys that are decorated with the coat of arms of the founder and several themes of Passion.

Capilla de San Juan Bautista de la Iglesia de El Salvador

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Church
Predominant styles:
Gothic, Renaissance
Historical Period:
Middle Ages, Early modern period

Address

Plaza el Salvador. Valladolid. 47002 Valladolid.

Telephone: 983 307 827

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Valladolid

Address:

Plaza de Fuente Dorada s/n. Valladolid. 47001 Valladolid.

Teléfono: 983 330 893

Email: quioskoturismo@ava.es

Tourist Office of Valladolid

Address:

Pabellón de Cristal. Acera de Recoletos, s/n. Valladolid. 47004 Valladolid.

Telephone: 983 219 310

Fax: 983 217 860

Email: informacion@valladolidturismo.com

Email: oficinadeturismodevalladolid@jcyl.es

Website: http://www.info.valladolid.es