Late Gothic church, with three naves covered with groin vaults. The magnificent main altarpiece dates from the 16th century and was made in accordance with the basic lines of Castilian imagery. In 1851 the church lost its Colegiata (Collegiate Church) status it had been granted by Pope Sixto IV. However, locals continue to regard the church as a Colegiata.

Construction started in 1502 and the works went on for more than 100 years. Juan and Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón and Justo and Blas Gutiérrez were among those who participated in its construction. Particularly noteworthy are the Balcón del Pópulo and its tower, the 18th-century front and the grandiose Plateresque altarpiece.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Church
Predominant styles:
Gothic
Historical Period:
Middle Ages, Early modern period

Address

Bravo, 11. Medina del Campo. 47400 Valladolid.

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Medina del Campo

Address:

Plaza Mayor de la Hispanidad, 48. Medina del Campo. 47400 Valladolid.

Teléfono: 983 811 357

Email: turismo@ayto-medinadelcampo.es

Página Web: http://www.medinadelcampo.es

Tourist Office of Valladolid

Address:

Pabellón de Cristal. Acera de Recoletos, s/n. Valladolid. 47004 Valladolid.

Telephone: 983 219 310

Fax: 983 217 860

Email: informacion@valladolidturismo.com

Email: oficinadeturismodevalladolid@jcyl.es

Website: http://www.info.valladolid.es

Opening hours

  • Every day: depending on worship service

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data