In the village of Sangarcia many things may surprise us, its sgraffiato façades, its streets, its history and its church, the church of San Bartolome, oriented to the principal square, the Square of the Constitution, triumphant and slender, excels since the XVII century, made with brick and boxes of masonry and adobe and façade of ashlar. It was built, what we see today, in the typical Baroque style in this area. Around the nave and the main façade is an atrium closed with pillars in front of the façade.

Church with Latin cross floor, with an only nave of four sections covered with vaults. The western façade shows a semicircular arch. Its Baroque altarpieces, including the attributed to Jose Vallejo Vivanco, images like the crucified Christ from the XVI century, processional cross (XVI century), monstrance (1685), Francisco Ortega’s organ (1725), pulpit, paintings, and drawers stand out. It is a church worth to visit all together.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Church
Predominant styles:
Baroque
Historical Period:
Late modern period

Address

Sangarcía. 40134 Segovia.

More information

Ayuntamiento of Sangarcía

Address:

Municipality of Sangarcía. Segovia.

Teléfono: 921 178 081

Fax: 921 178 081

Tourist Office Regional of Segovia

Address:

P/ Mayor, 10. Segovia. 40001 Segovia.

Telephone: 921 460 334

Fax: 921 460 330

Email: oficinadeturismodesegovia@jcyl.es