Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Churches and Chapels
Church of San Juan Bautista
Made of stone blocks, with three naves covered by starred rib vaults. The main chapel is very large and has ten sides.The tower has five stone storeys and the front on the side of the Epistle is Plateresque.
The coffering of the 15th century is Mudejar with paintings. The main altarpiece, of the 16th century, was built by Manuel Álvarez and Mateo Lacrín. There is also a Renaissance altarpiece with small paintings, and sculptures of Saint Andrew and Saint John the Baptist, and there is a Baroque organ, a Plateresque pulpit and choir stalls of the 18th century.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media, Edad Moderna
Mauro Polanco, 4. Santoyo. 34490 Palencia.
Ayuntamiento of Santoyo
Municipality of Santoyo. Palencia.
Teléfono: 979 810 702
Página Web: http://santoyo.es
Tourist Office Regional of Palencia
- Summer (July, 1 – September, 30):
- Tuesday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 17.00 – 19.30
- Closed: monday
- From June, 17 to June, 30:
- Friday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 17.00 – 19.30
- From October, 1 to October, 23:
- Friday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 16.30 – 19.00
- Every day: book visit in advance
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data