This church was erected in the early 14th century. It has an interesting south front with nine archivolts and a tympanum containing the sculpted image of saint John the Baptist.

The Capilla de las Calderonas contains a 16th-century Plateresque altarpiece. There are also some images by Juan de Juni. The construction started in the 14th century and finished one century later. The church held the Aranda Council of 1473.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Church
Predominant styles:
Gothic
Historical Period:
Middle Ages

Address

Plaza de San Juan, 6. Aranda de Duero. 09400 Burgos.

More information

Tourist Office of Aranda de Duero

Address:

Plaza Mayor, s/n. Aranda de Duero. 09400 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 510 476

Email: oficinadeturismo@arandadeduero.es

Tourist Office Regional of Burgos

Address:

Pza. Alonso Martínez, 7. Burgos. 09003 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 203 125

Fax: 947 276 529

Email: oficinadeturismodeburgos@jcyl.es