Built in 1081 by the Master Julianus, as indicated by a small scroll located in the colonnaded gallery, next to the entrance arch, which makes it the oldest colonnaded Romanesque church in the province, and one of the earliest examples of that style in Castile.

The portico faces south and consists of seven arches on a running wall, only interrupted by the central, door-like gap. The tower was built some tome later. It has a square ground plan. It is attached to the building. The lower section is made of stone and the upper on of brick. The structure shows a clear Muslim influence, also obvious in the rest of the building, particularly in the decorative motifs (war and minstrel scenes).

Datos Históricos

Arquitectura Religiosa
Estilos predominantes:
Periodo Histórico:
Edad Media


San Miguel, s/n. San Esteban de Gormaz. 42330 Soria.

Más Información

Tourist Office of San Esteban de Gormaz


Plaza del Frontón s/n. San Esteban de Gormaz. 42330 Soria.

Telephone: 975 350 292

Email: turismo@sanesteban.com

Website: http://www.sorianitelaimaginas.com

Tourist Office Regional of Soria


C/ Medinaceli,2. Soria. 42003 Soria.

Telephone: 975 212 052

Fax: 975 221 289

Email: oficinadeturismodesoria@jcyl.es

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data