The church is part of the Monasterio de San Salvador. It was separated from it in order to turn it into a parochial church after the sale of the Church properties. The walls of the nave and some windows continue to bear witness of the church's Romanesque origins.

The Romanesque portico, completed in 1702, contains vault paintings dating from the 15th century, by the monk Fray Alonso de Zamora, and the Mudejar Gothic doors were carved by Fray Pedro de Valladolid.

Particularly noteworthy are the sepulchre of bishop Mendoza, of the 16th century, the Romanesque sculpture of Christ on the Cross, known as the Christ of Santa Trigridia, the Gothic mural paintings of Santa María Egipcíaca, the Gothic board paintings of the original altarpiece and, under the transept of the 15th century, the Gothic seat stalls.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Church
Predominant styles:
Gothic
Historical Period:
Middle Ages

Address

AGUA, 2. Oña. 09530 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 300 078

More information

Tourist Office of Oña

Address:

Ayuntamiento de Oña. Oña. 09530 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 300 078

Fax: 947 304 402

Email: turismoona@yahoo.es

Website: http://www.ayuntamientoona.com

Tourist Office Regional of Burgos

Address:

Pza. Alonso Martínez, 7. Burgos. 09003 Burgos.

Telephone: 947 203 125

Fax: 947 276 529

Email: oficinadeturismodeburgos@jcyl.es