Churches and Chapels
Church of Santa Maria de la Victoria o del Camino
Built in the early 12th century, one of the oldest in Carrión, with a façade and three large naves.
Façade with four archivolts, several figures, four capitals topped off by four columns. The façade contains references to the famous 'Tribute of the 100 Maids', which has been turned into a legend in Carrión. The frieze represents the Epiphany and the outside structure is reminiscent of the early Romanesque style, particularly the one found in some French churches. This influence is due to the French pilgrims walking their way to Santiago, Carrión being an important stopover.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages
Pza. de Santa María, s/n. Carrión de los Condes. 34120 Palencia.
Oficina de Turismo of Carrión de los Condes
Casa de Cultura. Carrión de los Condes. 34120 Palencia.
Fax: 979 880 631
Tourist Office of Carrión de los Condes
MONASTERIO DE SAN ZOILO. Carrión de los Condes. 34120 Palencia.
Tourist Office Regional of Palencia
- From April, 1 to June, 30:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 09.00 – 13.30 and 16:00 – 19:00
- From July, 1 to September, 30:
- Every day: 11.00 – 14.00 and 17.00 – 19.30
- From October, 1 to November, 1:
- Friday to sunday: 11.00 – 14.00 and 16.30 – 19.00
- From January, 1 to March, 31:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 09.00 – 13.30 and 16.00 – 19.00
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data