Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Churches and Chapels
Church of Santa Maria la Mayor
Single nave and a three-section apse with double arches. Inside, a Mudejar coffered ceiling in the low choir and outside, a set of arches.
The Church of Santa Maria La Mayor is a work Romanesque to mudéjar of second half of century XIII, located in the seat of the villa of Arevalo, within a monumental enclosure of great interest.Founded by the Briceño knights, who lie buried in the church.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media
Pza. de la Villa, s/n. Arévalo. 05200 Ávila.
Tourist Office of Arévalo
C/ Arco del Alcocer, s/n. Arévalo. 05200 Ávila.
Fax: 920 300 852
Tourist Office Regional of Ávila
- Other dates
- Friday to sunday: book visit in advance
- Holly Week (March, 19 – March, 28):
- Every day: 11 – 14 and 16 – 19
- Summer (July, 20 – August, 31):
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 11 – 14 and 17 – 20
- Closed: monday
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data