Gothic-Renaissance building of the XVI century, built with stone and brick, following the design of Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón. It has a Latin cross floor, with a nave with five sections, rectangular apse and marked transept in floor.

the church was founded by Don Pedro de Lagasca, right-hand man of Charles V. It stands on the remains of a chapel which had been built around 1158, on the arch of a door to access to Valladolid and is known as María de Molina’s arch. Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón designed the building and Francisco River continued .

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Church
Predominant styles:
Gothic, Renaissance
Historical Period:
Middle Ages, Early modern period

Address

Colón, s/n. Valladolid. 47011 Valladolid.

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Valladolid

Address:

Plaza de Fuente Dorada s/n. Valladolid. 47001 Valladolid.

Teléfono: 983 330 893

Email: quioskoturismo@ava.es

Tourist Office of Valladolid

Address:

Pabellón de Cristal. Acera de Recoletos, s/n. Valladolid. 47004 Valladolid.

Telephone: 983 219 310

Fax: 983 217 860

Email: informacion@valladolidturismo.com

Email: oficinadeturismodevalladolid@jcyl.es

Website: http://www.info.valladolid.es