Churches and Chapels
Church of Santiago
This church was erected in the second third of the 12th century. This small, single-nave mudejar-romanesque structure is the oldest church in the village and the meeting place of the old council.
Of the original Mudejar-Romanesque structure only the façade, decorated by three rows of blind arches, some of the three-lobed, has been preserved. There is an interesting Romanesque front, one of the few that have been preserved in the region. Inside, there are two Gothic sepulchres and a Baroque altarpiece; a simple marble tombstone marks the grave of Don Gutiérrez, the lord of Alba.
- Arquitectura Religiosa
- Estilos predominantes:
- Periodo Histórico:
- Edad Media
Hospital, 19. Alba de Tormes. 37800 Salamanca.
Oficina de Turismo of Alba de Tormes
Castillo de los Duques de Alba, C/ Castillo, s/n. Alba de Tormes. 37800 Salamanca.
Fax: 923 300 015
Tourist Office of Salamanca
- Closed: every day
- From July, 8 to July, 19:
- Every day: 12:00 – 14:00 and 18:00 – 20:00
- From March, 1 to March, 28:
- Sunday: depending on worship service
- From March, 29 to April, 30:
- Monday to friday: 17:00 – 19:00
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 12:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 19:00
- Closed in the morning: monday to friday
- Summer (July, 20 – July, 31):
- Tuesday to sunday: 11:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 20:00
- Every day: 12:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 19:00
Remarks: From December, 15th. to January, 6th.: Exhibition of nativity scenes.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data