Classic Jesuit style: austere exterior, Latin cross ground plan with a single nave and lateral chapels. A tower was erected in 1799 on the northwest side of the facade.

Before the Jesuits were expelled from the country in 1767, this was the seminar's church. Upon the expulsion, it became the parish church of Santiago. Three altarpieces, the central one made in the workshop of Pedro de la Cuadra and the two twin altarpieces of the transept by Francisco Palenzuela. On the Gospel side there are two praying statues of the founders.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Church
Predominant styles:
Renaissance
Historical Period:
Early modern period

Address

Cuenca, 13. Medina del Campo. 47400 Valladolid.

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Medina del Campo

Address:

Plaza Mayor de la Hispanidad, 48. Medina del Campo. 47400 Valladolid.

Teléfono: 983 811 357

Email: turismo@ayto-medinadelcampo.es

Página Web: http://www.medinadelcampo.es

Tourist Office of Valladolid

Address:

Pabellón de Cristal. Acera de Recoletos, s/n. Valladolid. 47004 Valladolid.

Telephone: 983 219 310

Fax: 983 217 860

Email: informacion@valladolidturismo.com

Email: oficinadeturismodevalladolid@jcyl.es

Website: http://www.info.valladolid.es

Opening hours

  • Every day: depending on worship service