The façade was built by Diego de Praves in 1595. The front is quite high, so as to allow access to the Easter floats. In 1667 the church was expanded, since it was not big enough for float traffic. The far end was enlarged, but there was a fire and the structure had to be rebuilt.

The church has a large central nave with narrow side ones, a transept with a large dome decorated with plaster elements and an outside cimborrio. In the central vaulted niche there is a Dolorosa by Gregorio Fernández taken from the Descent float in 1745. The facial expression of the image is more serene than that by Juan de Juni, despite the fact that he drew inspiration from it.

Historical Data

Architecture:
Religious architecture
Construction:
Church
Predominant styles:
Herrerian
Historical Period:
Early modern period

Address

Platerias, s/n. Valladolid. 47003 Valladolid.

More information

Oficina de Turismo of Valladolid

Address:

Plaza de Fuente Dorada s/n. Valladolid. 47001 Valladolid.

Teléfono: 983 330 893

Email: quioskoturismo@ava.es

Tourist Office of Valladolid

Address:

Pabellón de Cristal. Acera de Recoletos, s/n. Valladolid. 47004 Valladolid.

Telephone: 983 219 310

Fax: 983 217 860

Email: informacion@valladolidturismo.com

Email: oficinadeturismodevalladolid@jcyl.es

Website: http://www.info.valladolid.es

Opening hours

  • Every day: depending on worship service