Churches and Chapels
Parish Church of San Juan Bautista
Gothic church. The large main nave was rebuilt in the second half of the 15th century. The apse end was later on carved in the style of Francisco de Mora.
Single, three-section nave with chapels on both sides, all of them covered by groin vaults. The transept and the main chapel were later additions. The chapel has the coat of arms of the general Sancho Dávila.There is also the 15th-century granite font where Santa Teresa was christened on April 7, 1515 and a 17th-century font.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages, Early modern period
Cruz de Alcaravaca, 10. Ávila. 05003 Ávila.
Oficina de Turismo of Ávila
Avda. Madrid, 39. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.
Teléfono: 920 354 000 ext. 370 y 371
Fax: 920 254 200
Página Web: http://www.avilaturismo.com
Tourist Office Regional of Ávila
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data