18th century plaza. Building work was began in 1729 by Rodrigo Caballero. The project was put in the hands of the architect Alberto de Churriguera, who was followed by his nephew Manuel de Lara Churriguera and finally by Andrés García de Quiñones.

Rectangular in shape, its back facade overlooks the Plaza del Mercado. Above the central arch of this Pabellon the effigy of King Fernando III, el Santo, is noteworthy.

A historical point of interest is the medallions, which have busts of all the Spanish monarchs from King Alfonso XI to Fernando VI. As from 1732 the Pabellon Sur, San Martin is continued, where the medallions are dedicated to some of the most famous people in Spanish history such as El Cid, El Gran Capitan, Columbus, Hernán Cortes,etc.

Datos Históricos

Arquitectura Civil
Estilos predominantes:
Periodo Histórico:
Edad Moderna


Plaza Mayor s/n. Salamanca. 37008 Salamanca.

Teléfono: 923 268 571 (O.T)

Más Información

Tourist Office of Salamanca


P/ Mayor, 32. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.

Telephone: 902 302 002 / 923 218 342

Fax: 923 263 409

Email: informacion@turismodesalamanca.com

Website: http://www.salamanca.es

Opening hours

Remarks: Exterior

This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data