Ducal Palace of Lerma
Symbol of the political power of the duke, it was built between 1601 and 1617 by Francisco de Mora on the ruins of the old castle.The coat of arms of the Sandoval and Los Rojas families can be seen on the main gate. The lintels, walls, pedestals and columns are made of polished stone in single pieces.
In total the palace has two hundred and ten balconies and thirty-five windows and in the corners there are smooth capitals on the slate towers. Here there used to be service rooms.
- Civil engineering
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Pza. Mayor. Lerma. 09340 Burgos.
Tourist Office of Lerma
C/ Audiencia, 6. Lerma. 09340 Burgos.