Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Was founded in the 15th century by the archbishop of Seville Diego de Anaya y Maldonado
Palace of Anaya
Former Colegio de San Bartolomé, now the faculty of philosophy and literature. The original building was founded in the 15th century (1401) by the archbishop of Seville Diego de Anaya y Maldonado, and substituted in the middle of the 18th century (1760) by the currernt palace.
The current palace was built by Juan de Sagarvinaga using plans by José Hermosilla y Sandoval, who made sure of the classical style in the pediment on the colonnade of the façade. There is a bust of Don Miguel de Unamuno, rector of the university, in the staircase.
- Civil engineering
- Palace, University building
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages, Early modern period
Plaza de Anaya. Salamanca. 37001 Salamanca.
Telephone: 923 268 571 (O.T)
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data