Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Town hall of Astorga
Civil building with two towers and a belfry, with coats-of-arms and sculptures on the facade. On the top there are two ‘maragatos’ that tell the time by means of an original mechanism. It conserves the famous ‘Pendón de Clavijo’.
Its construction began in 1683 using plans of the grand stonemason Francisco de la Lastra. The towers have the coat-of-arms of the Marquis of Astorga next to the coat-of-arms of the city and the façade is crowned with gargoyles, sculptures and balustrades.
- Civil engineering
- Town hall
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Early modern period
Pza. España s/n. Astorga. 24700 León.
Tourist Office of Astorga
P/ Eduardo de Castro, 5. Astorga. 24700 León.
Telephone: 987 618 222
Fax: 987 619 299