Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
Educate the senses
This collection began in 1848
Museum of Giants and Big Heads
The collection of Museo de Gigantes y Cabezudos began with the establishment of the Archfraternity of Nuestra Señora de las Victorias in 1848. In 1981 the Lobo, Yumbo, Pinocho, Don Quijote, Sancho Panza, El Monito, El Demonio and El Rey were purchased, and in 1996, a pair of giants, El Sanabrés and La Sanabresa, were created to represent the tradition of the area. They are dressed in typical regional wedding and fiesta costumes.
Tourist Office of Puebla de Sanabria
Dentro del Castillo (Muralla El Mariquillo). Puebla de Sanabria. 49300 Zamora.
Telephone: 980 620 734
Fax: 980 620 894
Tourist Office Provincial of Zamora
Pza de Viriato s/n. Zamora. 49071 Zamora.
Telephone: 980 536 495
Fax: 980 536 495
Tourist Office Regional of Zamora
- From November, 1 to January, 31:
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 12.30 – 13.30. Guided tours:12.30
- Closed: monday to friday
- From February, 1 to June, 30:
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 12:30
- From March, 21 to March, 27:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 18:30 – 20:00
- Summer (July, 1 – September, 4):
- Tuesday to sunday: 12:00 – 14:00 and 19:30 – 21:00
- Closed: monday
- From September, 5 to October, 31:
- Sunday: 18:30 – 20:00. Guided tours:12:30
Remarks: Saturdays and Sundays from the Castle Guided visit: 12.30.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data