Official Portal of Tourism. Junta de Castilla y Leon
A wealth of art and diversity to be discovered
Museum of Salamanca
The origins of this museum date back to 1848. The collection is organised in various sections ’ Archaeology, Fine Arts and Ethnology ’ all of which boast superb exhibits and offer visitors a detailed vision of the history of Salamanca.
The large number of exhibits on display ’ ranging from archaeological objects to crafts, art and gold and silverwork ’ include several authentic masterpieces, such as the 'Llanto por Cristo Muerto' (Weeping for the Dead Christ) by Morales, the Panels of Saint Andrew, by John of Flanders, or the portrait of Unamuno, painted by Juan de Echevarría, as well as several works from the 16th and 17th centuries. Other highlights include the 14th century coffered ceiling from the Convent of Las Dueñas and outstanding Flemish and Dutch paintings. A space that invites visitors to discover its wealth of artistic treasures.
- Palace of the Abarca Maldonado:
This Palace was the old house of doctor Álvarez Abarca, doctor of Isabel la Cátolica. The building w[...]Show morePalace of the Abarca Maldonado
Plaza Patio Escuelas, 2. Salamanca. 37008 Salamanca.
Teléfono: 923 212 235
Fax: 923 263 765
- Winter (October, 1 – June, 30):
- Tuesday to saturday: 10:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Sundays and holidays: 10:00 – 14:00
- Holly Week (March, 24 – March, 27):
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 10:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Sunday: 10:00 – 14.00
- Summer (July, 1 – September, 30):
- Tuesday to saturday: 10:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 20:00
- Closed: monday
- Closed in the afternoon: sundays and holidays
- From December, 4 to December, 8:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday: 10:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Tuesday: 10:00 – 14:00
Remarks: Free groups. Admission free Saturday and Sunday. Free entrance May 18th. CLOSED: DECEMBER 24TH., 25TH. AND 31ST. AND JANUARY 1ST, 2ND AND 6TH.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data