Churches and Chapels
Parish Church of Santa Maria la Mayor (Ledesma)
Built between the 15th and 16th centuries upon an earlier structure, this church used to house a clerecy with a beautiful gothic chapel attached to the Evangelist side serving as a choir. The church is made of pajarilla stone and has a stylised tower topped off by strange gargoyles standing by an arch leading to the Puerta de San Nicolás.
It consists of s single nave with a ribbed vault. It features a magnificent vault in the chancel, by Gil de Hontañón. It contains the sepulchres of the prince Don Sancho, with a recumbent statue.
- Religious architecture
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
- Middle Ages, Early modern period
Plaza Mayor, 9. Ledesma. 37100 Salamanca.
Oficina de Turismo of Salamanca
P/ Mayor, 32. Salamanca. 37002 Salamanca.
Fax: 923 263 409
Página Web: http://www.salamanca.es
Tourist Office of Ledesma
- Every day: depending on worship service
- Holly Week April, 13 – April, 22):
- Every day: 11:00 – 14:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
- Summer July, 14 – September, 13):
- Tuesday to sunday: 11:00 – 14:00 and 17:00 – 19:45
- Closed: monday
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data