Touch history with your hand
Roman Town Of "El Prado"
The archaeological remains of the late Roman town of "El prado" from the third and fourth centuries after Christ ,are located to the west of the city of Valladolid, on the right bank of the river Pisuerga. Were discovered in 1952 and have been exposed to successive excavations between 1950 and 1990.
The investigations that this Roman town of rural character,was a stable occupation that had two constructive stages. The first can be framed between the second and the fourth century and the second with an abandonment around the fifth century.
The Roman town of "El Prado" is an indisputable Roman reference and an element of great importance, not only in the city but also in our region ,Castile and Leon ,for it,s multitude of archaeological and ornamental remains.
- Archaeology site
- Predominant styles:
- Historical Period:
Remarks: It is not visitable. The Mosaic of the Pitchers can be seen in the Plenary Hall of the Cortes of Castilla y León in Valladolid.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data