It is a protected village in the archaeological zone of Ulaca. After the decline of the Pre-roman fortified settlement of Ulaca, the villages settled on the slopes of the mountain, a little more down the fortified settlement, creating the Cabeza de Navasangil village.

It should be populated from the IV to the VI centuries, and repopulated at the end of Middle Ages. It provides us with some more information to the already known about the history of the transition from the Roman times to the Visigoths of Valle Ambles, where it is located.

The construction of the village was in a hill over 1572 metres of altitude. It is believed that the village was destroyed by a fire, possibly caused.

Historical Data

Archaeology site
Neolithic fortified settlement
Historical Period:
Iron Age, Visigoth

More information

Tourist Office Regional of Ávila


Casa de las Carnicerías. C/ San Segundo, 17. Ávila. 05001 Ávila.

Telephone: 920 211 387

Fax: 920 253 717


Town Hall of Solosancho


Municipality of Solosancho. Ávila.

Telephone: 920 291 001

Fax: 920 293 451