Rock hermitage ofe San Pelayo
Old hermitage already mentioned in the deed signed by Ms. Urraca in 1155 in favor of Xebal (Christopher), prior of the convent of San Salvador de Oña, giving the convent of Santa Maria de Mave, and this included the Cave of San Pelayo, which seemed to be dependent of the above mentioned monastery Mave.
A small hermit-cave which in 1945 closed its entrance. The reduced floor consists of a small chapel, and in it there is a clear separation between the presbytery and the nave with the iconostasis, possibly of wood. Down the tiny apse are preserved two niches as credence tables.
- Archaeology site
Villacibio (Aguilar de Campoo). Palencia.
Oficina de Turismo Regional of Palencia
C/ Mayor, 31. Palencia. 34001 Palencia.
Teléfono: 979 706 523
Fax: 979 706 525