The finest example of outdoor Palaeolithic art in Europe
Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2010, this is an outstanding example of Palaeolithic cave paintings. A site boasting a magnificent series of cave paintings that have remained intact thanks to their late discovery and remote location.
Today they are perfectly signposted and protected, and have been the object of intense study. Visitors are able to admire them and learn about the way of life of these prehistoric artists who have left us one of the finest examples of outdoor Palaeolithic art in Europe. The paintings also boast a magnificent setting, with 90 panels stretching out for a kilometre along the left bank of the river. A total of 645 drawings can be seen, featuring various figures on the schist rocks, mainly animals, geometric shapes and patterns.
The style of the paintings indicate that they were made between then BCE 22000 and BCE 11000. This is a site not to be missed due to its unequalled prehistoric value.
- Archaeology site
- Cave painting
- Historical Period:
- Holly Week March, 26 – April, 5):
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday: . Guided tours:11:00 y 12:30 h
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday: . Guided tours:11:00, 12:30, 16:00 y 17:30 h
- From October, 29 to November, 1:
- Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday: . Guided tours:11:00h, 12:30h, 16:00h
- Summer July, 1 – July, 31):
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday: book visit in advance. Guided tours:10:30 Y 12:00 H
- Saturday: book visit in advance. Guided tours:10:30, 12:00 y nocturna
- Closed: monday and tuesday
- From August, 1 to August, 31:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: book visit in advance. Guided tours:10:00, 11:30
- From September, 1 to September, 30:
- Wednesday to sunday: book visit in advance. Guided tours:10:00 Y 11:30 (29 y 30 de septiembre:11:00 y 12:30 h)
- Closed: monday and tuesday
- From November, 10 to November, 30:
- Thursday and Sunday: book visit in advance. Guided tours:11:00 y 12:30 h
- Friday and Saturday: book visit in advance. Guided tours:11:00; 12:30; 16:00h.
- Closed: monday, tuesday and wednesday
- From November, 5 to November, 9:
- Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday: book visit in advance. Guided tours:11:00h, 12:30 y 16:00h
- Tuesday: book visit in advance. Guided tours:11:00h., 12:30h
- Sunday: . Guided tours:11:00 y 12:30 h.
- From December, 1 to January, 31:
- Thursday, Friday and Sunday: book visit in advance. Guided tours:11:00 y 12:30 h
- Saturday: book visit in advance. Guided tours:11:00; 12:30 y 16:00 h
- General: 7.5 €
- Reduced: 5.5 €
- Groups: 5.5 €
Remarks: Reservation 923 480 198 - 653 781 071
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data
Archaeological Hall of Siega Verde
The Hall is in a new-floored building excavated from the natural rock. In the central room you can see lit panels giving an explanation of the Palaeolithic world by means of drawings, graphs, texts and[...]
Address: Villar de la Yegua. Salamanca.
Telephone: 923 480 198