The castle houses a collection of art objects and antiques
Castle of Ampudia
Gothic noble fortress, built in the 15th century by the descendants to Pedro García Herrera, major-general of Castile and nephew of the bishop of Palencia Sancho de Rojas, founder of the Manor of Ampudia.
The building is shaped as a trapezoid, with four square turrets in the corners and the front is symmetrical. Today the castle houses a collection of art objects and antiques.
Don Pedro de Ayala, the Count of Salvatierra, was one of the owners of the castle. He fought in favour of the comunera cause in the battle of Ampudia, which confronted the followers of the emperor and the troops of the Acuña Bishop.
- Castillo / Fortaleza / Atalaya
- Estilos predominantes:
- From November, 1 to April, 30:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday: 12.00 – 13.30
- Friday and Saturday: 12.00 – 13.30 and 17.00 – 18.30
- Holly Week
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 12.00 – 14.00 and 17.00 – 19.00 (Entry up to half an hour before closing)
- Sunday: 12.00 – 14.00 (Entry up to half an hour before closing)
- From May, 1 to October, 31:
- Tuesday to saturday: 12.00 – 13.30 and 17.00 – 18.30
- Sunday: 12.00 – 13.30
- General: 4 €
- Reduced: 2 €
- Groups: 3.5 €
Remarks: It will take all necessary measures post covid19. Visits to the castle will be free. Parade ground and rooms on the ground floor. The reservation is not necessary within the established hours. Capacity according to sanitary indications. Entry up to half an hour before closing. Groups, schoolchildren, and secret tours are temporarily canceled. Christmas: Closed Dec 25. Jan 1 and 6 and the afternoons of 24, 31 Dec and Jan 5.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data