An outstanding example of brick military architecture
Castle of Coca
This castle dates back to the late 15th century and is the owned by the House of the Dukes of Alba, although it has been handed over to the Junta de Castilla y León.
Situated in the ancient Roman town of Cauca ’ today known as ‘Coca’ ’ it is an outstanding example of brick military architecture. It was built by Archbishop Alonso of Fonseca, during the reign of Henry IV of Castile in the late 15th century. At each corner of the two square enclosures stand polygon-shaped towers, one of which is the keep.
- Castillo / Fortaleza / Atalaya
- Estilos predominantes:
Tourist Office of Coca
Plaza Mayor, 1. Coca. 40480 Segovia.
Telephone: 921 586 227
Tourist Office Provincial of Segovia
Calle San Francisco, 32. Segovia. Segovia.
Tourist Office Regional of Segovia
- Winter October, 21 – March, 31):
- Monday to friday: 10:30 – 13:00 and 16:30 – 18:00
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 11:00 – 13:00 and 16:00 – 18:00
- Summer April, 2 – October, 27):
- Monday to friday: 10:30 – 13:00 and 16:30 – 19:00
- Saturdays, sundays and holidays: 11:00 – 13:00 and 16:30 – 19:00
- General: 2.7 €
- Reduced: 2 €
- Groups: 2 €
Remarks: Closed first Tuesday of each month. Groups arrange a visit.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data