During the War of Independence it was Wellington's military headquarters
Castle of Cuellar
The Castle was declared next to the walls, National Artistic Monument in 1931.
It appears documented already in the year 1306, although the oldest part is from the XII century. In 1464, when Enrique IV was king, he gave the town of Cuéllar and the castle to D. Beltrán de la Cueva, Duke of Alburquerque.
It has a rectangular plan with four towers at the corners, three of them circular.
Currently houses a secondary school.
Theatrical visits are organized.
- Castle / Fortress / Watchtower
- Predominant styles:
- Gothic, Renaissance
Tourist Office of Cuéllar
C/ Palacio, s/n (Castillo). Cuéllar. 40200 Segovia.
Tourist Office Provincial of Segovia
Calle San Francisco, 32. Segovia. Segovia.
Telephone: 921 462 906
Tourist Office Regional of Segovia
- Summer June, 26 – September, 30):
- Every day: 10.00 – 14.00 and 16.30 – 20.00
Remarks: Wall ? 1.5. Call ahead to reserve.
This website shall not be responsible for the accuracy of this data