Stones with legends to tell
Castle of Encinas
In 1394 Diego López de Zúñiga acquired the village of Encinas and had the castle built. In the 16th century Antonio del Río Aguilar purchased the castle and had it reformed: the large windows (closed today) were added, as well as the coats of arms of the Aguilar family, located in the corners of the towers, very similar to the ones located in his funereal chapel in the convent of Parral in Segovia.
In the early 20th century it was purchased by Cándido Moyano, who emptied out all the indoor premises, since they were in bad condition. The castle was later on rented as a home to several neighbours of the village. A solid-looking structure, with square turrets topped with battlements.
- Castle / Fortress / Watchtower
- Predominant styles:
Ronda del Palacio, s/n. Encinas de Esgueva. Valladolid.
Telephone: 983 682 703
Tourist Office of Encinas de Esgueva
C/ Damiana Cigüenza, 5. Encinas de Esgueva. 47186 Valladolid.
Telephone: 662 686 426
Tourist Office of Valladolid
Pabellón de Cristal. Acera de Recoletos, s/n. Valladolid. 47004 Valladolid.
Telephone: 983 219 310